Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Not a Bad Day

Inspiration strikes at the oddest times.

Like when you are sick and your kids are sick and miss the first day back to school. So here we are, home after a trip to the doctor and the pharmacy.  Strep throat strikes again.  Nothing better to do but play an action packed game of cards.


This girl always wins a game of Go Fish.  I think it's because she amasses an enormous stack of cards and can't actually see what she has in her hands. The answer you will almost always get when you ask for a card  is, "Go fish." Errr... I know it's in there somewhere.

Well, hide no more shy little kitten and pokey puppy!

Thanks to this clever idea from a waiting room magazine, 
we now have the smartest card holder every card hoarding 6 year old needs to play fair.  


 Take an empty egg carton, turn it over, and cut a slit across each "bump" with a knife. Done. Easy-peasy.  Go ahead and make it cute if you want to, but I don't have the energy for that today.


Genius! It works!  No more hiding cards!  


She won again, but at least I can know I got beat fair and square. 

I actually don't mind a sick day now and then--as long as it doesn't involve the stomach flu. Gross. What I do like is an excuse to watch Anne of Green Gables all afternoon with Gabby.

So overall, I expect this to be a great day.  The sun is shining.  We are loaded up on antibiotics, and it finally snowed yesterday.  Not bad at all.

5 comments:

  1. I love that egg carton trick! What a great idea!

    And I LOVE Anne of Green Gables!

    Hope everyone feels better quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I hate the stomach flu as well. I don't think there is anything worse. Hope Gabby feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We bought simple card holders year ago for the kids. amazing how much it sped up card games!! Noah said Gabby was out sick today (he had an ortho appt a few minutes ago) Hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I have the stomach flu today, but I have been more miserable than this with strep throat in the past! Hope your clan gets well soon, and that you enjoy your games and movies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius! Who would have thought?
    And Go Fish Little Golden Book...I've never seen those, but now I want a set.

    ReplyDelete