Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fun by the Dozen


Trick-or-Treating wasn't allowed in my family when I was growing up.  
But I do remember my brother and I getting to go to a neighbors halloween party once. 
Let me hear you say "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..."


I vividly remember coloring that contruction paper crown.
I also remember being terrified and excited at the same time--
wanting so badly to go, but also terribly shy.
 I think you can see the fear in my face!

Perhaps in an effort to make up for all the candy begging I missed out on in my youth,
I've thrown a Halloween party or two myself.


Good memories!

This year, Gabby asked to have a party with HER friends.


Gabby is all about friends.
If I didn't give her a limit, we probably would've been shoulder to shoulder with giggling girls.
A dozen was just right!


She planned this party for weeks. 
I stayed out of it for the most part, but at the last minute,
I decided to whip up a little atmosphere around the house.


Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! Spoooooooooooooooooooooooky!
 She came home from school and LOVED it.
Totally worth it.

After an hour of frantic after school party preparations,
the hostess with the mostest got the party started with gross "guts" and scary stories.


The guests had to reach into the box and....well...
their faces say it all.




 

Crack. me. up.

Now all you need is a little mummy wrapping,



and monster-mashing,


and pinata bashing.


By the way, don't you love the homemade pinata?
Gabby's handiwork!

Way to go, Gabby!  Your party was a smash success!


I don't have pictures of all the fun stuff they did, but trust me...


they had FUN!!!



P.S. Thank you, Hanna, for most of these pictures.  
After all, who wants their mom hanging around taking pictures all night?!

2 comments:

  1. Joel was just talking about his one and only Halloween party--how he didn't know anyone except the neighbor that hosted it and it really wasn't very fun. I love the picture! That is just sooooo Joel!
    Thanks for sharing. Looks like you and Gabby had a successful party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN party! And the BEST part...you knew where they were the whole time. I hope to have many many parties like that myself when my girls are older out here on the farm!

    The first pic is adoreable ~ I would have been the same way at that age...super excited & super shy!

    ReplyDelete