Friday, May 6, 2011

Keeping Promises


I don't remember ever waiting so long for spring.

It's May already! Can we please have some warmth around here?

No wonder my southern sister won't come back.

I'm about ready to pack up and join her.

Can you tell I'm a little out of sorts,
a bit anxious,
dare I say...
cranky-ish-ly waiting for spring?



Or, maybe it's the waiting
  for something else that's got me tied up in knots.
Something bigger.
Well, he's actually pretty small.
But it's big for him and it's big for us.
Yet, it's never too big for HIM: 
a promise: "Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth 
by your great power and outstretched arm.
Nothing is too hard for you." Jer. 32:17

Maybe it's the waiting for guidance with the unanswered questions,
with the many moving pieces, with the uncertainty.

a promise: "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Prov. 16:9

Maybe it's the waiting for provision with deadlines approaching,
fees accumulating, and more on the way.

a promise: "God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."  Phil. 4:19


 
Actually, 
it's the asking for provision that's got me all unglued today.
See that cute little airplane ticker and donate button above?
It makes me nervous. 
It's there because we are sending out adoption support letters soon.
We are asking for help.
From family. From church. From friends. 
The fund raising begins.
I swear butterflies are hatching in my belly.


Like right before the starting buzzer of the state championship game.
Like right before the horse lunges through the starting gate.
Like right before you bungee jump off a bridge.
Okay, so I've never done any of those things.

But you get the point.
It's a wee bit scary.

Is it okay to feel a little unhinged?
I don't know.
I know what Josie would say.


"Silly Momma!"
a promise: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." 
Philippians 4:4-6

We don't know what provisions God has planned.
But we know He has a plan.
HE PROMISED.
 "We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield." Psalm 33:20


1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love...not the fluttery stomach or the uncertainty but I love this

    Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."
    — Corrie Ten Boom

    And that is exactly what you are doing!!!

    Kimmy K

    ReplyDelete