Monday, April 18, 2011

Chapter Two - The Unsettling




In 2008 I started a brand new habit of waking up early
(before the kiddos) for devotions and prayer. 
Please don't paint some rosy picture 
of discipline, dedication, and desire.
Um, no.
It was more truthfully out of desperation and discontent.
I didn't know why, but I had an unsettled feeling about our life. 
 
I had no reason to be discontent. 
Happily married.


Four happy healthy kids.


Family. Friends. A home.


All our needs provided for.
So, it's not that my life wasn't wonderfully blessed. 
It was! Which only added to my confusion and guilt. 

Boy, did I wrestle.

The question?  What did God want for our life, because I sure wasn't sure about our plans

My prayer? Help us to want what You want.




Do you think 
it is some random coincidence
that the unsettling came
                               at the very
                    same time 
             our little boy 
   was being 
knit together
in his first 
mother's
womb?


I. 
think.
not.




"If you cling to your life, you will lose it: but if you give up your life for me, you will find it."  Matthew 10:39

Yep! Hanna's pictures. Well, unless she's in it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I LOVE this story!!! It is so exciting to see how God places these little seeds of longing in our hearts. He sets the lonely in our families. I look forward to Chapter 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful peek into the way God moved in your heart.Thanks for sharing Kristi it is an encouragement and inspiration and above all lets God shine!!

    Kimmmy k

    ReplyDelete