Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Who is Mathilda?

 This is Mathilda, my mom.


This is Mathilda's garden.

 

         But this too is Mathilda's garden, 
the family she and Dad so lovingly cared for and nurtured.
 This is where I was planted. This is where I grew.
(That's me on Mom's lap!)

It was wonderful!
18 years worth of wonderful and I am so grateful.
But the growing season was cut short and I was

suddenly,

unexpectedly,

transplanted.

                                    

                                          


There were 
long seasons
of dormancy.
Grey days 
stayed long 
past their 
welcome.













But spring returns.
"...a crown of beauty instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3

     My roots have new soil just right for me.

My branches reach up to the Light--how I pray that they bear fruit.

Grey days come and go, as they should.

I'll always be a part of Mathilda's garden.

But I have my own precious garden now.


And it is wonderful!

Oh, and this one's pretty nice too.

"He will also send rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful...The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the Lord binds up the bruises of his people." Isaiah 30:23 and 26

*Important note: Photo #6 and #7 are courtesy of my talented daughter!

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Mom! Love you! ♥

    PS, thanks for the credit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Gramma with all her kids. :)My dad looks like such a goofball! All your posts really make me wish I had the chance to meet them.
    You're doing a fantastic job with this blog! I love reading all of your posts!
    Can't wait to see you all soon!
    Mikaela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name Mathilda and I love that you named your blog after your sweet-sweet Mama! Girl, I like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came over yesterday and looked around, and I just had to come back today. Something about this post made me heart hurt for you. One day when you are ready, I want to hear about your parents. I know there's a story there God is planning to use one day.

    I really do thing your blog is lovely, and yes there are other BEAUTIFUL blogs out there, but sometimes they are just talking and not pointing. It's the pointing that's important, not the pretty.

    ReplyDelete